Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kinnaree Thai Restaurant @ Jaya One

Kinnaree Infusion @ RM5.50
Me and my cimuis meets very often for yam cha or dinner on Japaneses cuisine. Somehow, this year would be a different. The birthday girl (or shall i say the birthday hot mama!) decided to have Thai cuisine. Like usual, everybody reaches at the normal "Malaysian" timing. And i didn't want to make the calling of dishes because i may go crazy!!! Hehe! Nah! I waited and as i waited i oredered a drink for myself. It was the Kinnaree Infusion. It was good! I love it! it has this lemongrass smell and taste but not so bitter. Good!

I didn't expected much from this place as i came here once for lunch but it was not a moment i could enjoy my meal. So, waited for majority to come and then decided for the meal. As time passing, my tummy went bizzare! "I had to order something" i told myself! Ok, i started off with the Thai Fish Cake, also known as Thod Mun Pla. I got two dishes as there were 8 of us. It really tasted good. Its thick, not like other restaurant serving and tasty. And it's served hot!

Thai Fish Cake @ RM15.00

Next was the Green Curry Chicken also known as Gaeng Keaw Wan Kai. Hehe! Im loving the thai language!!!This  dish is much on the santan side. Either than that, it's ok. Next is the Tom Yum Seafood soup. They recommended for us to choose the individual bowls as the pot serves for 5-6 pax but we order the pot anyways. The soup is super spicy! It's fine for me but the soup was leave alot. I'm sure my cimuis do not like spicy dishes!! Hehe!

Green Curry Chicken @ RM24.00

Tom Yum Seafood @ RM44.00 (pot)
The thai taste butts comes alive! The next was the Pandan Chicken, Kai Ho Bai Toey. I like my chicken. Very tasty Not too fried and not too small. I like mine with the chicken skin. Hehe Its really marinated well! And then the Fried Calamari , Pla Meuk Thod. This dish a disappointment! The sotong really chewable and tough. It was the only dish not finished at the end of the meal. Hehe!

Fried Calamari @ RM 25.00

Pandan Chicken @ RM32.00
And then was the vegetable. Seriously i didn't managed to take a picture of it as it was a catch!!! Once the veg landed on the table, it was gone within 10 seconds! Anyway, the veg is Paku with Shrimp Paste. Its the second time i tried paku pakis as a veg. I didnt really fancy the first time i had it. But this was properly done. It tasted like kang kong in belacan. I think you know what i mean! Hehe! Last but not the least was the fish. Pla Kraphong Neung Manao, Steamed Fish with lime...! The fish is served twisted. See the picture and you will know what i mean. And also boneless. Really tasted fresh!! Good. I really like a boneless fish not considering dory. It take a great skill and patience to produce this fish like that! Yum yum!

Steamed Fish with Lime @ RM42.00

It was a great dinner. Will come again because was given 3 coupons for 10% discount for the next dish. Good! At least one month validity and not one week!

Kinnaree Thai Restaurant
12-1, Palm Square Jaya One,
No. 72a, Jalan Universiti,
PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment