Thursday, February 3, 2011

Han Room @ Mid Valley


Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Choy 2011. I'm so happy to have many reunion chinese new year dinners with friends and family this year. Wishing more to come as this year is a great year for me. Hehe!

A friend from Jakarta came back for the Chinese New Year celebration and i thought of a good excuse of having a gathering among my close friends. There was so many places in mind but i could not think of anywhere good enough! And one of my friend suggested "The Han Room" in Mid Valley which recently opened. I googled, checked the menu and was satisfied with it. Quickly called and made the reservation!

The day comes and i was the early one to reached. As i enter the restaurant, i was greeted graciously. My expectation to the restaurant on serving was like the normal-one-dish-at-a-time method, but least expected was as we were served like fine dining ala carte' style (individually served). Wow! A plus star from me!!

The menu started with the famous Salmon Yee Sang dish.

table setting

Famous Salmon Yee Sang

The yee sang is essential to the chinese menu as it welcomes the year with many colours and great prosperity. The salmon fish represent the treasure in the dish and while you toss the dish higher, the more your wealthy you will be. Next was the shark's fin soup. The vinegar has been replaced with the green thai chillies. This seasoning gives the kick to its taste. Nice!

Braised Coral Shark's Fin Soup in Claypot


Thai chillies seasoning

The next dish is the fish. The fish is soft and fresh, sweet seasoning surrounding with pomelo sauce. On top of the fish was the fried crispy sotong. I like the sotong as it does not taste like the roasted ones selling outside, but this sotong is very tasty. I did not have enough of it and asking for more! 

Pan Fried Chilean Cod Fish with Pomelo Sauce
The pork roll is... speechless! It tasted like beef. Wrapped with spring onions!

Charcoal Grilled Spanish Pork Roll
I was shock with this dish as i could not identify what it was.! Hehe! I was thinking, could it be another fish? or chicken? It looked barbeque. Its actually taufu serve with mushroom. I like!!

Braised Imperial Beancurd with Spinach & Seasonal Vegetables
After the taufu, i could say that my tummy was so full that i could not eat more! Although the dishes were served individually but it was served in a large portion in fine dining style. I though i could skip the next dish and just go ahead with the dessert. But i was impressed that it was prepared in-front at our table where we could witness the cooking. The ingredients got me wondering whether is it too much. Hehe! Because i was thinking of my filled belly! But it got me wrong! Once the dish was served, the taste of the soup was so tempting that i wanted more, and more! I had the whole bowl of noodle! Wow, i thought to myself.




Pumpkin Noodles with Crab Soup
Last but not least was the dessert! It tasted sweet on top and bitter at the bottom. I don't fancy dessert but i won't mind eating more of this pudding! Yum yum!


Chilled Layered Herbal Jelly & Mango Pudding
With all the dishes served, all of us chilled with a cup of chinese tea with lots of chatting! Hehe! The menu set we order was for 6 pax for RM398++, comes to RM78 per person. It was worth for the service! I will come again, probably with family for the next round during chinese new year!

Again, i wish you all Gong Xi Fa Chai and Happy Chinese New Year 2011!


HAN ROOM 
Lot G243,G246 &G247,
Ground Floor,
The Gardens Mall,
Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 KL.
Tel: 03 - 2284 8833




2 comments: