Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Porridge & Frog @ Chinatown, Singapore

My New Year 2011 was in Singapore. It was a great trip. Little time to spent but enough to enjoy.

As i was informed in Singapore the frog porridge is one of Singapore's signature dishes. I have yet to discover. Anyways, i have been told that there is a place in Chinatown sells frog porridge beside Geylang.It was not difficult to find the place, as it is located at the main road.

Century Egg Porridge @ S$3.80
I ordered the Century Egg Porridge to share as the bowl is quite large. Probably as big as a small size claypot. I was told that normally the frog dish should be ordered individually. If both the frog and porridge is served together, the frog will not have any flavour.

So I had Claypot Frog with Chillies. The gravy is tasty and the frog is soft. Nice! I didn't manage to take a picture as i was so happy once the claypot arrived.

Claypot Frog with Chillies @ S$8.00
Should try! I heard another name given to this restaurant is "Ang Chang Jok" means Dirty Porridge. It was given as the place is old but not sooo dirty la... Considered clean for Malaysian.

Location :
No. 265, New Bridge Road
Singapore 088745

Tel : (65 6222 3911)

No comments:

Post a Comment